Getting the topmost rank on Google’s search results is like a battle that every business is fighting on the internet-based platform. Making your business rank on the number 1 spot is quite hard, but not impossible. One of the best ways to get a higher ranking is through targeting featured snippets. They are part of SEO and bring more clicks from the organic search results. Before moving on to how featured snippets help, let’s take a look at its brief explanation.
What are Featured Snippets?
A featured snippet shows a block at the top of Google’s search results containing text that answers a query. The text that appears inside of a featured snippet is pulled automatically from web pages in Google’s index. The snippet also includes an image related to the query. They make people’s online search much easier by appearing the answers to the questions of the users right in front of their eyes.
The content shown in a featured snippet is the best answer that Google programmatically picks from third party websites. In case Google picks your content to feature it in a snippet, then imagine how much exposure your business will get, and don’t forget about the heavy inflow of the targeted traffic.
Perks you can get from Featured Snippets:
Featured snippets have been around in the digital world since 2014, but it doesn’t seem that the marketers are using them well to promote their business. The snippets can be a game-changer for your business and can make your online presence far better than your competitors. To help your understanding its benefits, we are here mentioning a few:
- Divert the traffic from the first result to your doorstep: Although the featured snippets do not get as many clicks as the first result does, but it will divert some traffic from the first result to your webpage. It can help you to drive more clicks even if your website is not ranking among the first few results. They are the simplest way to get a jump over your competitors.
- Raises your reliability level: Becoming the best in your niche is like grabbing a bull by the horns. Many businesses are striving to achieve the attention of their targeted audience, and only a few are getting successful. From the viewpoint of a potential customer, your brand becomes more reliable if it appears in a featured snippet. You become their go-to brand whenever they need advice related to your niche.
- Optimizes your voice search: Voice search has taken over the digital platform with the introduction of smartphones and other voice search supported devices. Around 50% of users conduct their search using voice-controlled assistants like Siri, Cortana, and mobile assistants. As people speak to voice search as their friend, they tend to ask questions. Featured snippets show up for question-type queries, thus promoting your business.
How to Target Featured Snippets?
- Identify the right keywords: Keyword research is a non-negligible part of an SEO strategy, and for featured snippets, it works like magic. In case you want your content to be displayed in a featured snippet, it is important to incorporate the right keywords in it. Ensure that the content you are creating is answering questions that the majority of your customers or target audience ask. You can take the help of keyword research tools to find the accurate keywords related to your products & services.
- Don’t forget to check the “people also ask” box: Keyword research is quite helpful, but what can help you to get to all the related topics is the questions displayed on “people also ask” section that appears just below the feature snippet box. If you click on a question, more and more questions related to the same topic will start to appear. This offers you the opportunity to satisfy the curiosity of your target audience by creating content answering those questions.
- Get yourself a place on Google’s first page: Getting your website displayed on the first page of Google increases the chances of your content, making its way to a featured snippet. Almost all featured snippets are found on the first page of Google search results. To improve your rankings, make use of the proven SEO strategies and get the targeted traffic you were longing for.
- Content creation using an inverted pyramid style: Creating content by stating the information with the most awaited part and then proceeding with the supporting details will keep your customers engaged. This technique can easily land you in a featured snippet.
- Utilize words that can make their way to featured snippets: There are some words that are likely to appear in a featured snippet, such as do, define, meaning, mean, when, forming, etc. Using these words while addressing the questions, you can boost your chances to appear in a featured snippet.
- Formatting Matters: A featured snippet can appear in different formats. Make sure that your content is structured in the appropriate format you want to get a display for. Consider delivering an excellent user experience while creating content.
- Stick to the optimal word count: The featured snippets have word count ranging from 40 – 50 words. Make content that fits perfectly in the word limit along with perfectly addressing the query. Keep your answers straight to the point and brief.
If you want to enhance your online presence and improve the quality of website traffic, then getting the number 1 position is not the only option. You can also do the same by ranking in featured snippets. Follow the points mentioned above to make your debut in a featured snippet and make your business a blockbuster in the competitive market.